Oct 31, 2012

Yashica Electro 35 GSN - Denver

This post and photos are about 2 months overdue, but oh wells. I held onto these films undeveloped until I could find a lab to get the films done! First roll of Tri-X 400 ever successfully used with the Yashica Electro 35 GSN. (I did take it to Europe a year ago but my rolls all turned out to be blank because I was such a noob back then. Sigh.)

A bit about the Yashica GSN: It's an easy camera to use, comes with the 45mm f/1.7 lens, super light to carry and looks sort of pretty on the outside. But focusing on this camera is a little challenging, I can never tell if I loaded in the film right AND the shutter sound is nonexistent - which can be good/bad.
Other than the focusing issues, it's great. Just have to practice more, I guess.

These photos are from when I went to Denver to visit Alice to make the 18-hr road trip back to Texas with her. I still can't believe we made it back in one day.....








The last photo is absolutely one of my favorites, and of one of my favorite people I've met in Denver! :) I met Nancy through Alice when I went to Denver, and 3 of us had a blast hiking away and eating and eating and eating until we had to leave. Still amazed at how fast we formed a good friendship within 3 days. Isn't she woooonderful?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment