Sep 16, 2013

Weekend Recap: Lake House + Bike Rides

What a weekend! It started out with a breakfast-themed party at my apartment, thanks to my roommate who generously cooked literally everything - from mushroom and leek galette with gorgonzola to breakfast tacos to tater tots to frittata. Then she surprised us at the end by presenting a huge (and very delicious) monkey bread that we devoured within 20 minutes. (please excuse the iPhone photos)


Then I got up pretty early for a Saturday (8:30...yup) because I was so excited to finally bike around, since weekends are the only time I can actually do anything outdoorsy. So I decided to ride it all the way to M.E. Swing Coffee Co in Del Ray, near Old Town Alexandria. The ride was smooth and breezy, but one thing I should've thought of beforehand: those damn hills. But anyway, the espresso shot was definitely worth the ride.


then, the afternoon was spent at a beautiful lake house for a company-wide picnic. I sort of learned how to eat a crab...sort of.


Sunday bike-riding along the Potomac, then around the monument to the memorials to museums - and I finally met the light tunnel!




I am absolutely loving the crispiness of autumn here. Can't wait for the leaves to change colors soon!

1 comment: