Oct 16, 2013

Winery at Bull Run

Back in September on one sunny Sunday afternoon, two of my friends and I spontaneously decided to go visit the closest winery near DC. As we drove westward through the Virginia country, I became thoroughly convinced that Virginia is basically more of a farmland than I had imagined. It reminded me of home. Oh how I miss home and the Texas Hill Country. But I think I can get used to this - Virginia is full of beautiful landscape, wineries, hills and valleys.
After doing an initial wine tasting (we went through 12 different types of wine & ports!) we decided to go with the rosé for the chill afternoon.
Bull Run was such a cute place. There was also a wedding ceremony there that night, so they were setting up the entire place nice and pretty. Oh, and live music too. Definitely worth the short trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment