Nov 17, 2013

#Plaidride DC


So if you happened to be in DC on Saturday and saw the nerdiest gang of bicycle riders all wearing plaids and beards (many of them fake, of course) blocking the entire east bound Pennsylvania Ave, here's a bit of context. It was my very first group ride and I had the most amazing time ever. It's funny how the whole mob mentality thing completely takes over when you're in a situation like this and all fears are gone as you weave through the zig zaggy streets of DC. I seriously need to stop neglecting my bike and ride more often before it gets too cold.

After about an hour and half of riding, we ended up at this place called Kingman Island for lumberjack games, food, music, etc.




Oh, and lots of bacon eating. Lots and lots of bacon.






Oh, and also, this maple syrup dark chocolate pecan pie was probably one of the best pecan pies I've had. Ugh. I could seriously eat a whole pecan pie by myself every day.


Also, if you're curious, here is me attempting to vine while riding my bike. We took over the capitol!

4 comments: