Jun 18, 2014

Finding gems on the gulf coast: constant coffee + tea

I'm always hunting for good coffee spots whenever I enter a new city. My hope is always that even in a smaller city like Pensacola, FL -- there must still be a small demand for unconventional, non-machine brewed, and genuine (Okay yeah I know. Let's just get over the fact that I'm incredibly pretentious and snobby when it comes to coffee. What can I say? Life is too short for bad coffee.) fair trade coffee. It took me a bit of sniffing around the internet to finally come across Constant Coffee & Tea and a few other places in Pensacola. So right when S picked me up from the airport, I demanded that we hit up this place first so I can get my caffeine on. And we're so glad we did.

The cafe was pretty quiet when we turned up around 11AM-ish. There was one girl who seemed to be engrossed in her studies and an old couple who happened to be leaving right when we got there. The barista was welcoming and helpful -- plus I loved the abundance of natural light in the place. It felt more like walking into someone's house rather than another typical cafe.

I ordered a pourover of Counter Culture's REKO (my current fav as it is in season) beans, and while it was a leeeettle bit more saturated than I would've liked it to be, it was still really good. I need to stop chugging hot coffee like it's water. The cold brew was subtle and excellent as well - both cups strong enough to get us going for the rest of the day.

And the last photo taken with the iPhone. Also: I know. I need to redo my nails.

If you ever find yourself in Pensacola, you should definitely go check it out. It's spacious enough for even large groups, a pretty great study/work spot if you wish, and a pretty neat pit stop for travelers going through Pcola.

No comments:

Post a Comment