Jun 11, 2014

Peches.

Few weeks ago, a friend and I were driving around in DC listening to the radio (I don’t even know which station we were listening to) when this song came on. As first-time listeners, we went from apathetic to confused to a state of complete confusion mixed with a weird admiration as this serenade for peaches wore on. If the nation of peaches had a national anthem, this would be it. If you told me to name the best song dedicated to a food of choice since the milk and cereal song, this would definitely be it. I imagine the writer going on a summer road trip, finding a local peach stand on the side of the road, buying a few boxes of perfectly ripe peaches and spontaneously writing these thoughtful lyrics to express his undying love for the fruit. Whatever inspired whoever to write it, this song is awesome and does a perfect job expressing my personal opinion on one of the greatest fruit in the world: PECHES.

So yes. It’s my favorite summer fruit. We can argue all day about peaches vs watermelons vs cantaloupes vs black cherries vs whatever your favorite summer fruit is, but I probably will never change my mind. Anyway, I just felt like talking about that song for a post featuring peaches. Here’s a peach(+tomato) stand I had a chance to visit in Florida this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment