Jul 23, 2015

one cup of coffee

Here's a late Korea travel post from back in March. Named "커피한잔", meaning one cup of coffee, this became one of my favorite coffee shops my cousin and I discovered, tucked inside a small neighborhood behind Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul.

Unlike a lot of contemporary coffee shops I'd stepped into in Seoul, this vintage coffee shop was completely vintage without the pretentiousness. From the exterior, it looks like the shop's been there for ages (maybe it has been. I didn't ask). It's a quiet shop that exhibits a glimpse of what coffee shops might have looked like in 1970s Seoul, with shelves full of vinyls, old comic books and disco balls hanging around in random corners.

Made me feel nostalgic for the... "older" Korea. Why does this country change so rapidly all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment