Dec 1, 2015

01// ello, december

Oh my god where did 2015 go.

Crazy year! I've made some major decisions, like moving to New York for a new job and visiting Korea for the first time in 10 years. So many things happened, so many things were said, I've felt all kinds of things and turning 25 was incredibly bittersweet because frankly, I still feel like there is so much more to be said, to learn, to make and to do. And the weight of have-nots crushes me sometimes harder than others because time is so precious and I'm scared I'm not using it wisely. Maybe our strengths and beauty and flaws turn up in smaller decisions we make everyday. After that train of thought I decided I wanted to be more intentional in how I spend everyday, to break the routine and do tiny things that will someday make me a better person. Thus begins the december project, something I'm doing for myself that I hope will help me out of this weird slump (mid 20s crisis maybe?) I found myself in. The actual project itself is easy, like a) take photos everyday with my camera b) post them on this blog everyday for the entire month and c) really take time to look back at the year and soak everything in before I have to go live another one. It doesn't sound like a lot but I know it'll be a challenge, perhaps a good challenge to focus my mind somewhere in the midst of all these distractions.

Heeeere we go. Time is precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment